Breakout Session #1
- Wendi Dutcher – Connecting Home and School - Many of our students move between brick and mortar schools and Home Schooling. In this session, we will debunk some of the myths surrounding Home Schooling along with sharing the strategies that Connections Advisors use with families surrounding setting goals with students that meet their personal interests and engaging parents in student learning goals.
- Jean Beck-Garcia – Personalizing Learning in the Intermediate Grades - In this session, I will provide tools and resources for implementation of the Core Four. We will discuss rotation techniques, organizing leveled groups, and a variety of tools to be used for math and ELA.
Breakout Session #2
- Lisa Morris – Personalized Learning: Building Student Ownership Through Choice - In this session, I will provide tools and resources for implementation of the Core Four. We will discuss rotation techniques, organizing leveled groups, and a variety of tools to be used for math and ELA.
- Christy Gomez – Compassion Fatigue - Teaching is emotional work, and at times, it can be difficult for us to prioritize self care. I will discuss some ways for us educators,who work with students, impacted by trauma, to cope and care for themselves and be our best for our students.
Breakout Session #3
- Karen Corbell – Becoming a Connected Educator - In this session, we will continue our topic of connecting ourselves to a supportive network that can enrich and inspire our teaching practices. We will discuss particular tools for this and levels that we can engage in.
- Anna Leah Karron – Dive into Standards Based Lessons - In this session, we will tackle the different methods for using standards (standards referenced, building rubrics, and standards based lessons) along with sharing my journey insights and some tips and tricks for attacking standards!
Breakout Session #4
- Amanda Adams – Technology Building Workshop - This session is an active application session where we will work on intentional use of technology to select a tool or method that we use and improve our integration by building lessons to use in our classrooms!
- Heather Baker – Data Collection and Use by Students - Together we will address methods of how, when, and how much to use data with students to increase opportunity for student choice and create relevancy.